[Sca-cooks] Camp Kitchen Tips Needed

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 14 00:01:32 PDT 2004

   William de Grandfort asked:
> What I need, however, are the best possible tips for setting up a
> functional camp kitchen, capable
> of feeding between 30 and 70 people, 3 meals per day, for up to a week.
>   What has worked, what
> hasn't?  Shortcuts and 'No-Nos'??  Tips for setting up a dish-washing
> station, etc.  Collapsable
> or highly portable equipment tips would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome back to SCA-Cooks!
You might want to take a look at these Florilegium files:
camp-kitchens-msg (29K)  2/12/02    Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/camp-kitchens-msg.html
firepits-msg      (16K)  6/27/04    Useful ideas for firepits.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/firepits-msg.html
SCA-camping-lnks  (17K)  7/21/04    Links to camping in medieval style
                                        by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/SCA-camping-lnks.html

> Also, if anyone has the goods on the best 'camp oven', either
> commercial or make-shift, I'd love
> to hear about it.
See this file:
camp-ovens-msg    (64K) 12/24/02    Small period and SCA camp ovens.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/camp-ovens-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas