[Sca-cooks] Another knife question

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Tue Oct 19 07:09:41 PDT 2004

marilyn traber 011221 <phlip at 99main.com> [2004.10.19] wrote:
> It can cause tempering problems, depending on the temp of the water and how
> long it's hot. Some of the drying cycles on some machines can get pretty high-
>  keep in mind, that you can temper and anneal some steels in the oven. The
> big problem, though is the alkaline environment, as far as the blades go.

Ahh, the drying cycle. I ws thinking "water, can't get very hot, can
it". And I do agree with the adverse effect on most handle materials, it
was just the temper issue that sounded strange to me.

And since I don't own a dishwasher it is only in feast kitchens my
knives could encounter them.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
"Don't think of it as being fired... think of it as leaving early to
avoid the rush." -- Thorfy (from the Netizen quotes file)