[Sca-cooks] Herby things

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 11:25:11 PDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com>

Here in Sunny So-Cal (Bakersfield), we don't really have the opportunity to come face-to-face with
anything more exotic than 'toasted sesame seeds'.  However, if I were to have access to a spice
merchant (other than via web), I would ask them to stock the following items:

True Cinnamon (bulk, so I can buy only the number of sticks I need)
[snip]
William de Grandfort

In sunny So-Cal, don't you have Mexican grocery stores?  Here in sometimes-sunny NJ, I get sticks of true cinnamon in a local Hispanic grocery.  Mexicans prefer to use true cinnamon.  I buy it in little cellophane bags, so I can see and feel that the sticks are fragile and loosely coiled, as opposed to the tight, hard sticks of cassia.  (I would *not* trust ground cinnamon, or sticks in an opaque jar.)

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net