[Sca-cooks] OOP - Pumpkin pie question

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Oct 23 18:04:23 PDT 2004

When I was growing up, we usually used cream (ooooh, the good old
days!).  Dunno if it would count as a regional thing (I grew up in MT,
but the folks were from CT), or just the milky-liquid-of-opportunity (we
got raw milk from the neighbors ;o)....well, from the neighbors' cows,
to be accurate! <g>)
Now when I make pumpkin pie or (more often) pumpkin custard (don't care
much for pie crust, anyways), I usually try to use fat free evaporated
milk--get some of the rich flavor, but without the fat.  (old
weight-watchers trick).
--maire