[Sca-cooks] OOP - Pumpkin pie question

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Oct 25 11:16:00 PDT 2004

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>>>So, does anyone have a pumpkin pie recipe that doesn't use *any* milk?
>>>
>>>Cynara
>>
>Pumpkin pie is basically a custard, so something milky would be
>necessary.  Soy milk or almond milk should work;  make it nice and
>thick to enrich the finished product.
>Selene

Actually, while I can't vouch for the richness (subjective as it is),
it's perfectly possible to make custard with almost any liquid (for
example, there are Chinese savory custards made with stock and eggs
or yolks). Soy milk would work, as would almond or coconut milk
(coconut milk is great as the main liquid or in combination with milk
or cream in a coconut custard pie). The real essential, the without
whom none, is an egg product...

Adamantius

--
"As long as but a hundred of us remain  alive, never will we on any
conditions be brought under English rule.  It is in truth not for

Holt, 07/29/04