[Sca-cooks] Good veggie broth recipe?

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:19:20 PDT 2004

My veggie broth I have been making is usually made from
ends, leaves, and other discarded parts of veggies I use
over the course of a week.

But if I make it in quantity, I use onions, leeks, garlic, ginger,
carrots, celery (or celeriac) .  I use them most to least in that
order.  Sometimes I put in mushroom stems, but I usually don't
if it is not just for me.  I roast the veggies in the oven before I
put them in the stock.  Sometimes I add peppers too, roasted.

Cadoc

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:28:50 -0400, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise
<jenne at fiedlerfamily.net> wrote:
> Does anybody on this list have a good recipe for veggie broth? Like, how
> much veggies to put in for how much water, and which veggies you should
> have the most of?
>
> --
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
> Sybil: "Have you been upsetting people?"
> Vimes: "I think I may let people upset themselves."
> Sybil: "Good for you. You do that so well." -- Terry Pratchett

                                    - William Gibson