[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Oven temperature question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 22:59:48 PDT 2004

  William de Grandfort commented:
> Still, I would relish the opportunity to see one of these mass ovens in
> operation, and would like
> even more to try my hand at mastering it.  Are there any replicas near
> the south-central portion of California???  Not likely, right?
Well, I believe that at least one, probably more, build small versions
(three or four feet in hieght vs. ten) at Pennsic. I think the fact
that few permanent structures get approval at Pennsic keeps these ovens
from being really large as they have to be rebuilt each Pennsic.

That is a bit far from you, though you could fly there. :-)

Gulf Wars has at least one such oven in the Early Period Encampment.
Again, a small oven. But since this is a period oven, it may just take
a few years, but perhaps it will get replaced by a larger one. Or
another group may build such an oven.

Estrella War is much closer to you than the other two, but I don't know
if folks build ovens out there or not, as I haven't been to that event
in 14 years or more.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas