[Sca-cooks] Re: Fwd: Oven temperature question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 21:21:56 PDT 2004

Maire commented:
> If someone else didn't mention it, I think there's a discussion of
> something along these lines in the flori-thingy.  A couple of years
> ago,
> Constance de la Rose submitted a number of articles for Stephen, based
> on her research/doco. for her Kingdom A&S entries.  Lucky me, I was one
> of her judges, and I remember reading about the process she went
> through
> to duplicate oven temperatures for her roast goose entry....
Oh! The only file which had come to mind for me was the oven-msg file,
and I didn't remember this having the details which were being asked
for. I had forgotten that Constance's article had some info on ovens.

Here is that file:
Gos-Farced-art    (26K)  4/ 5/02    "Gos Farced & Endored - (Stuffed
Roast Goose
                                        with golden glaze)" by Lady
Constance de
                                       LaRose. Stuffing, endoring, ovens.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/Gos-Farced-art.html

I did get laid off on Thursday. But if there are more layoffs, and many
people in the company think there may well be more in the future, any
following separation packages may not be as generous. So much as I am
upset by this and worried, it could be worse. I'm probably back to two
weeks of vacation even if I do find a job, so this likely means no more
Pennsics.

Since until I get another job I've got to be watching expenses, I also
will be working on getting a donation box (finally) set up on the
Florilegium when I can figure out the ins and outs of doing this.
Anybody know of any good examples of sites that have these, which I can
look at for ideas? If I can get enough donations to pay for the
overhead of the site then that will help insure that I can keep it
online.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas