[Sca-cooks] beef per gallon

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Oct 30 14:14:20 PDT 2004

Greetings!

For an upcoming event, I will be making 16 gallons of a beef soup with
kasha. I was thinking about 1lb of beef (before cooking) per gallon of
soup. Will that be enough?

While I'm asking the experts... After looking at the florilegium, and
checking with others, I am estimating about 8-10 people per gallon of
soup. (This is Traveler's Fare for a friday evening.)  Somewhere in the
order of a scant pint. For reference, here is the whole menu...

Traveler's Fare
----------------
Russian Cabbage Soup (vegetarian edition)
Beef Soup
Breads both Dark and Light
Marinated Mushrooms
Fruit
Cheese
Honey Spice Cakes

I am open to any suggestions. Many thanks!
Aoghann
(p.s. still looking for a recipe I like for the cakes...)