[Sca-cooks] Another knife question

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Sun Oct 31 19:14:34 PST 2004

Ok I say this because having known you for 4-5 years in a virtual way I
feel that I can... (IE Don't get offended here I am picking)
I just had this really funny picture of a learning exchange class at
Pennsic....

Stefan sits in a tent with his laptop/whatever his Florilegium wizards
access files are stored upon...

People/student/teachers come in and ask Stefan for the references in the
florilegium for left handed medieval gum chewers or whatever obscure
thing they want to know about the middle ages that is stored on his site...
In return they have to teach Stefan something...
So you get this kind of scenario... Stefan I need this info... type type
type here it is on my site....
Thank You Stefan... here is how to cook a boiled peanut/ use a knife/
parboil yaks milk... whatever.
You always amaze me in how much technical and web stuff you know but
also how little practical kitchen stuff you know...
It seems that we all have a new project when we next see Stefan... teach
proper knife usage... well ok ya'll do... I doubt I will see him anytime
soon having never physically met the man...
Sigh.
Virtual friends, it just seems so weird....
of Course the internet was foreign to me 10 years ago...

Nichola