[Sca-cooks] Verjuice, and whole wheat bread

SEBD at aol.com SEBD at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 14:34:18 PDT 2004

adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:

<Snip>
> Bread made from chappatti flour (not to mention
> chappattis) have something of the texture of semolina bread. Maybe
> not cloud-light, but lighter than most whole-wheat breads.

______________

Someone, I think it was Fran Leibowitz, once wrote: Bread that has to be cut
with a machete is bread that is too wholesome.

A loaf of pure whole wheat makes a nice doorstop if you varnish it. Trying
some chappati flour makes a lot of sense. Or just play with the leavening. No
matter what comes out, you can more or less eat it one way or another.

Does anyone know of a reasonably inexpensive source for verjuice? I just
bought a bottle for sixteen bucks, but that's got to be somewhat over market,
right?

Thanks,

Elianne of ynys Enlli
for those gentles who haven't met me, greetings.
I dwell in Whyt Whey, when I am home, that is!