[Sca-cooks] Completly, totally, inexcusably OT... but....

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 04:46:44 PDT 2004

I just got an invite to a friend's retirement from the Navy. Now it's in
Phoenix AZ, and I can't go, but I have no idea of the proper ettiquite for such an
occasion. Is a gift expected? I can mail him a bottle of my mead (which he
likes) or find something here and ship it, whatever's standard practice. Did I
mention he's non-SCAdian... at that point in my life I don't know that the SCA
was even in South Carolina <G>. The records of the first group go back to I
think '78 or '79, and I graduated in '7 (mumble)...

I's just hard to believe that somebody who was a kid (as in barely a
Freshman) when I graduated from high school is now retiring after 25 years in the
Navy.... <G> Am I really THAT old?

Respond offlist if need be, sorry for the waste of bandwidth, but we have
experts of every stripe on this list...

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke