[Sca-cooks] Lightning strike, totally OT, OOP.

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 8 08:48:03 PDT 2004

>My Stepdad has had to replace three modems, one a DSL Modem,
>a NIC card, and two fax machines from induction surges on the phone lines.
>
>Capt Elias

That's what happened with us. The computers were even still up and running
after the strike. It came through the cable line where we didn't have any
protection. The electrical system had a very nice battery backup/surge
protector.
Our new cable modem now goes through a surge protector specifically made
to protect cables.

Now if I can just get Miguel's PC working I can play City of Heroes
again....

Gunthar