[Sca-cooks] Charcuterie sausages books

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 9 17:14:03 PDT 2004

I am getting the list on digest these days but came across this
 message dated : Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:57:12 -0400

>From: "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
>Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Ham, Cold cuts, and Charcuterie
>

> Admanantius and Ham ? Had to look

Look for a copy of Jane Grigson's "The Art of Making Sausages, Pates,
And Other Charcuterie". It's about as comprehensive as a book on French
charcuterie written by an Englishwoman can get ;-).

 Grigson is still excellent and copies are available on the used market
here in the US.
(I own at least two editions of it--- both of which are boxed.)
There are a couple of comprehensive professional texts out there
also by Wiley. Professional Charcuterie is one. Jessica's Biscuit is
running a closeout right now
on Prestige De Grand Chefs Charcuterie Specialties
by Poulain, Michel & Frentz, Jean-Claude which is another. Looking under
sausages-- one also comes across
Bruce Aidells's Complete Sausage Book : Recipes from America's Premium
Sausage Maker
He's very informative and I have found his television appearances to be
informative and very
down to earth.

http://www.ecookbooks.com/index.html

I will go into the rest of the message in a moment in another post to
keep this one short.

Johnnae