[Sca-cooks] Hurricanes and Bouquets of Rozs

CLdyroz at aol.com CLdyroz at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 21:43:01 PDT 2004

In a message dated 09/20/2004 6:23:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> THL Kevin and THL Signy are from North of Montgomery, near my sister
> Kerstyn, and Roz (THL Rosalind, I belive) is from Birmingham.

Thank you for the promotion, ma'am! <G> Sorry, I'm just a Lady.... I know it
is confusing to have 4 Rozs in Kingdom. One is a Laurel/Pelican, One really is
a THL, I am the Lady one that fences and tends the kids and the new one
fights Heavy.

I _really_ need to get that name change processed.....

Birmingham is the Barony of Iron Mountain, and it is north of Thorngill. It
is also the largest city in Alabama. One of the 'burbs of the city is Irondale,
Of 'Fried Green Tomatoes' fame. Yes, there really is an Irondale Cafe that is
the basis for the Whistlestop.
We still have areas that do not have power, yet, but they are really remote
and hard to get to.
The Barony of Osprey, (Mobile) is reporting a lot of trees down, but no one
hurt and no major loss of property. Arenal has finally all reported in-one
gentle lost his boat in a "three hundred boat pile up." But, no one hurt. Same for
Salt Keep. It looks like Panhandle Skirmishes is good to go, but the ruling
is still out for Gatalop. Dauphin Island took some serious damage, and the Fort
there has closed roads-the paving kinda fell apart.
The pecan crop has been devastated, and the Peanut crop, badly damaged. Some
farmers just lost the crop, others lost entire groves of pecan trees. When you
consider that it takes 5 to 7 years before a pecan tree starts really
producing nuts...it may be a while before we see a plentiful nut crop, again.

This is longer then I intended, so my apologies. I shall now return to my
"lurk on Digest" Mode....

Roz
#3 of 4