[Sca-cooks] French Harvest Feast

Audra Richards nadrah at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 2 17:24:33 PDT 2004

I'm currently planning a menu for an event to be held in Northern Ealdormere
at the beginning of October.  I always plan a themed feast from period
sources - this year I'm having a problem.  I hate to duplicate recipes from
previous feasts.  I would have chosen to do an English feast but Her
Highness Ealdormere (who will then be Her Majesty) has indicated that she
plans to attend our event. Given that only one set of royals has ever
visited our group in our eight years, I would like this feast to be French
in Her honor.

I'm currently looking through my cook books but they tend to lean towards
Italian, Andalusian or Arab period sources.  What I've noticed is that my
French sources tend to be meat meat meat and more meat - problem is, we have
one vegan and two vegetarians in the group.  I've done a cheese and mushroom
tort in the past that everyone except the vegan loved but I'm reluctant to
do that again.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nadrah