[Sca-cooks] was Libum recipe now whole wheat bread

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 12:50:49 PDT 2004

Thanks for the recipe Ardenia!  It got me thinking...  I bake a lot of yeast bread.  If it is whole wheat, usually half whole wheat, half bread flour.  I tried my recipe with all whole wheat flour, but as you can expect, it needs more leavening.  I had a cousin suggest a teaspoon of baking powder.  It was OK, but does anybody have a recipe for bread with 100% whole wheat flour with just more yeast perhaps?

Samrah

Ardenia wrote:
I have also tried this recipe using only white flour and only whole wheat flour. I prefer it made with a mixture of the two.