[Sca-cooks] whole wheat flour sources

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 3 19:46:01 PDT 2004

On 9/3/04 6:25 PM, "Samrah" <auntie_samrah at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bear, I know you are probably way out in Texas, and I am way over here in
> California, but where do you find this stuff?  Does this King Arthur do mail
> order?  And what sort of place would I be looking for to find bulk whole wheat
> pastry flour?
>
> Thanks,
> Samrah

In Southern California, Whole Foods Markets has bulk whole wheat pastry
flour.  Be sure and check the bulk foods bins, rather than the packaged
flours.  They carry lots of other grains as well.

Sneaking in info on another topic, Verjus can be found at any market in
SoCal which carries Sadaf brand packaged Mediterranean and Middle Eastern
products.  Or order it from their website:  www.sadaf.com

32 oz. Bottle for US$3.99
http://sadaf.com/shopsite/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*14e9cf282abb50070844
7b5d

We will be staying in this weekend in our oasis of air conditioning, making
short forays out for supplies, interesting foodies and picking up people.  I
need to work on a Jester outfit for Angels Anniversary, we have an incoming
SCAdian from Boston to meet, and one of our buddies from Trimaris has been
relocated for the duration of the hurricane and we want to see her too.
Open House, more or less.

Selene