[Sca-cooks] Re: Period French

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 4 00:37:51 PDT 2004

>    Try looking to contact master Joram goldspoons.  He does a wonderful
> Norman English feast for the LHA/Smoking Rocks Twelfth Night in the
> East. One great dish with French overtones (I believe) is Savory
> Toasted Cheese.
I'm not sure how French this dish is, as the recipe most commonly used
is the one found in Digby, which is also at the end of our period or
just after it. For those unfamiliar with it (are there any such folks?)
check this file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium:
cheese-goo-msg    (32K)  9/ 1/02    Digby's Savory Tosted cheese.
melted cheese.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/cheese-goo-msg.html

Stefan
--------