[Sca-cooks] leechees

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 10:40:01 PDT 2004

Someone on the medieval gardening list was asking if leechees were period.  They found a recipe for a fruit salad in a British cookbook, probably not period.  Since I know there are many of you who would probably know this off the top of your head, I thought I would pop the question here.  I know leechees are an Asian thing, presumably of Chinese or Pacific Rim type origin, but did they make it over to Europe in period?

Thanks,
Samrah