[Sca-cooks] Ham, Cold cuts, and Charcuterie

Patrick Levesque pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 9 18:27:14 PDT 2004

> The C.I.C. mentions it is found in two sources, when I get back home I'll
> e-mail
> them... one of them is Rabelais, but I don't recall which work (although
> Rabelais mentions every possible kind of cold cut available, so it shouldn't
> surprise anyone...). Possibly the term used is 'Rillon' in these works, two...
> Or maybe the word signification changed in the meantime...
>
> More info on this in the evening.
>
> Petru

Ok, the sources given, which I have yet to verify, not having the texts at
home, are Rabelais' 'Tiers Livre' and Guillaume Bouchet's 'Serées' (that
spelling given). This following a discussion on 'rilles' and pork ears.

I should be able to find the 'Tiers Livre' in a local library and check it
out soon. Then again, it may be on the net, too...

Petru