[Sca-cooks] New Subtleties E-list is up and running!

rackardd at bellsouth.net rackardd at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 9 22:20:55 PDT 2004

> From: Robert Downie <rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca>
> Date: 2004/09/09 Thu PM 05:12:08 EDT
> To: "Castel_Rouge at yahoogroups.com" <Castel_Rouge at yahoogroups.com>,
>         Gode Cookery <godecookery at yahoogroups.com>,
>         MK Cooks <mk-cooks at midrealm.org>,
>         Northshield E-list <northshield at northshield.org>,
>         ns-cooks at northshield.org,  sca-cooks <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>,
>         "SCAFoodandFeasts at yahoogroups.com" <SCAFoodandFeasts at yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] New Subtleties E-list is up and running!

I am new to this list (one of the lurkers thus far) but wanted to let those who might be interested know that I've done several subtleties by period recipes and perhaps could give some timesaving tips.  Below are a few.

Helmeted Cock
Cockentrice
Hedgehog
Chiquart's Boars' Heads (one of my apprentices)
Joke Rice

I believe someone mentioned the fire breathing aspects.  I've done this with the helmeted cock and the boars' heads and can give you info on how to do it (and not) according to the period  receipts.

Dreaming of doing Chiquart's grand castle entremet,

Deborah of Arundel