[Sca-cooks] Re: Medieval Gastronomy website

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 10 07:16:08 PDT 2004

Ranvaig said:

Since we are talking about subtleties, I thought I'd point out some
kind of food, shaped as a heart.
http://expositions.bnf.fr/gastro/grands/150.htm

What particularly amused me about this picture was that in the next scene, my lady looks like she jumped out of the window to get away from it! I wonder what that says about that particular cook's abilities. Or maybe it was the type of sweet involved ...

"And now for a swete delyght, a heart made of marchpane!"

"Marchpane! Not again! Aaaigghhhh!"

Gianotta (who can't stand the stuff, herself)