[Sca-cooks] Re: Yes, it's gross, but I'm curious . . .

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Sep 13 10:50:22 PDT 2004

Also sprach Ruth Frey:
>       I've heard or Cock Ale, BTW, and found it an interesting bit
>of brewing lore, but my hat's off to anyone who has not only made
>it, but also actually drank the stuff after having watched the
>process.

Other fermented meat products include much salami, summer sausage,
corned beef, variants on the pickled herring theme, gravlax, etc.

Since it's apparently not actively toxic, I'm not so much advocating
that everybody make the stuff as trying to separate the legitimate
reasons to steer clear of it from the prejudices. Which, as far as
I'm concerned, are never the best reasons to avoid things.

I like to think of it as an exercise in fair-mindedness. <shrug>

Besides, I didn't mention the kumiss with the beef dissolved in it.
We couldn't find tiger bones... ;-)

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04