[Sca-cooks] Re: Yes, it's gross, but I'm curious . . .

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 15 20:44:58 PDT 2004

Coffee is much more likely to be an experiment than an accident.  Coffee
beans were being crushed for solid medicine 500 years before they became a
popular beverage.  The Persian physicians who prescribed it, probably
experimented with it as an infusion.  It moved into the Sufist community as
a ritual beverage (Persian physician and Sufi being almost interchangable
terms), then moved from the Sufis in southern Arabia into the general
community.

Bear