[Sca-cooks] About Cassie

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Sep 19 16:12:22 PDT 2004

Cassie said:
>   I was on the list before but never contributed then got booted when i
> lost internet service.Got back on 2 weeks ago & just never really had
> to much to say.
Well, welcome back then! I suspect there are a number of lurkers here.
(Anyone else want to 'fess up?).
But some of us probably make up for you quiet ones. :-)

>   Rivers Run is an incipient canton in Ansteorra centering in Ponca
> City, OK.My husband & I started this one.

Perhaps these files in the SCA-INC section of the Florilegium might be
of interest, then. I know that your computer time is tight, so perhaps
there are others you could pass this on to:
fundraising-msg   (48K)  4/21/98    Fundraising ideas for SCA groups.
new-groups-msg    (18K)  7/17/96    Procedures and advice on starting
new SCA
                                        groups.
recruiting-art    (16K)  7/13/02    "On the Recruiting and Retention of
New
                                         Members" by Lady Meliora
Leuedai de
                                         Ardescote.
recruitment-msg   (43K)  5/18/00    Recruitment ideas. bringing in new
members.

>  three years running so large amounts of food is no problem for
> him.Small scale cooking causes him more grief than large.
Huh? How can small scale cooking be more difficult than large?
>   I like any dish centering about beef and barley.I would like to try
> Haggis some day.In fact i would like to do a feast sometime with just
> scottish foods.
The problem is the lack of documentation for Scottish foods. You might
find these files of interest:
fd-Scotland-msg   (39K)  9/21/00    Medieval food of Scotland. recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Scotland-msg.html
These don't appear to be period and there may in fact be questions as
to whether they originate in Scotland, but...
Scotch-Eggs-msg   (17K)  3/21/01    Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled
eggs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Scotch-Eggs-msg.html

> I don't want this to go south on him.This is his first
> feast to be personally in charge off.But not the first to be involved
> in.We both have pulled many a kitchen duty.
Check the various files in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium. I've
tried to capture the best thoughts and suggestions on being an SCA
headcook as well as some reviews and comments on the best SCA feasts.
>   Comfits.I would love to remember to get a recipie for comfits.
Check this file:
comfits-msg       (48K)  6/18/04    Period candied spices and seeds.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/comfits-msg.html

Stefan
--------