[Sca-cooks] haggis on a stick

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 09:34:52 PDT 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Cadoc replied to me about my question of how you could have a haggis
> on a stick with:
>
>> I think if you lowered the oat content and added an egg to bind it it
>> would stay.
>
> Okay. Maybe. It still seems like it would crumble. One tap on
> something or a wrong bite and it seems like you would still have
> haggis but it would be on the ground, not on the stick. :-)

If I were to do this, I would use a method currently popular in Scotland
these days and chill the haggis until firm, cut it into pieces of the
general shape and bigness of a frankfurter, insert a stick and then dip
it into batter and deep-fry.   This is still probably healthier than a
Mars Bar or Twinkie onna stick anyway.

Calm down.  Haggis is nothing but oatmeal dressing with lamb giblets.
 Properly done, with lots of onion and salt and pepper, it is quite yummy!

Selene