[Sca-cooks] Re: OT- KIlts at war

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 10:34:52 PDT 2004

Cap'n Elias  wrote:

>>My accent is normally quite good, in spite of birth and upbringing in
>>the homeland of both Fran Drescher and Cyndi Lauper...
>>
>>Adamantius
>>

>I know lets have a Mational Talk Like Adamatius Day...
>
>"My axsint is normuhlly quite good, in spite o boidt an upbringin in da homelandt of boat Fran Dresshuh and Cyndi Laupuh..."

I probably wouldn't notice, that's my milk-accent.  Until someone said
something, I never noticed that Fred Flintstone or Bugs Bunny had
accents either;  they just talked like Daddy.  Despite nearly 40 years
in Los Angeles, I regress quickly when delighted, enraged or on the
phone with NYC for a few minutes.

Despite his longtime association with a Scottish part, James Doohan's
brogue was really pretty poor, if one of the more recognized ones out
there in the media.  Go figure.

Selene