[Sca-cooks] Cardoons vs. artichokes

Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
Mon Sep 20 21:04:45 PDT 2004

Our garden has a couple of cardoon plants.  We've tried to eat the stems a
couple of time but found them extremely bitter.  What are we doing
wrong?  Secondary use:  cut hte flowers with a long stem as soon as they
are fully open, place dry in a vase or hang upside down.  They dry quickly
and last for a long time.

Simon Sinneghe
Briaroak, Summits, An Tir