[Sca-cooks] Re: OT- KIlts at war

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 14:28:13 PDT 2004

I am reminded of myself at a certain Estrella war.  I was most impressed by the embroidery on the then Queen of Atlantia's dress (sorry name unremembered, it has probably been at least 5-7 years ago).  Offered to write a letter for recommendation for some sort of appropriate award/recognition.  Turned out not only had Her Majesty done the work Herself (too late to back down at that point & after all we should encourage Queens in all Their artistic endeavors), but she was a member of the Laurel for embroidery.  Ooops! Much amusement at my expense, but a good laugh was had by all, myself included...

Samrah

Robin Carroll-Mann <rcmann4 at earthlink.net> wrote:
Long, long ago, at a small, amateur Renaissance Fair in North/Central NJ,
my barony had a few demo tables set up, including one with weapons, both
rattan and replica steel. One visitor, dressed in jeans and sweatshirt, and
with a strong Joisey accent, asked about the weapons. Were they
dangerous, did we really fight with them, etc. There were two SCAdians
manning that table. One was my lord husband, and the other was a relative
newbie, young and eager. The newbie enthusiastically gave a basic
explanation -- SCA 101 for Mundanes. My lord kept silent. The visitor
listened with great interest, thanked the young man, and began to walk
away. Just before he got to the door, my lord called out, "Have a good day,
Your Grace!" I was at the other end of the hall, but I'm told that the
expression on the newbie's face was priceless.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net