[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 17:45:04 PDT 2004

David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com> wrote:
[re: VENETIAN XINXANELLA]

> I'm not sure exactly what "drop dumplings" are,

A batter or soft dough which is dropped by spoonfuls into boiling soup or stew.  It tends to form irregular balls.
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1637,145181-245203,00.html
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,164,155176-243196,00.html

> but this sounds as though the dough is going into the liquid in thin strings or
> bits--whatever you get after passing it throgh a grater and immediately into the pot.

I think it would be bits.  The recipe does say that the paste should not be as thick as that for fideos, which are a kind of noodle.

> Have you tried it? Sounds interesting.

No, I haven't, but it's on my list of want-to-try recipes.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net