[Sca-cooks] Mongolian cooking documentation

drakey2 at iinet.net.au drakey2 at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 22 16:22:07 PDT 2004

> -=The Seamus wrote:
>
> >Greetings everyone out there!
> >
> >I am in a Seige cook-off comp. on sat. and with the ingredents that
> >they will be giving us it lends it self to mongolian cooking...
> >
> >Does anyone have any recpies/documention for mongolian dishes handy?
> >
> >I have found a few but more are always welcome!
> >
> >Thanks!
> >

> Your best bet is to find a copy of "Soup for the Qan"...it contains
> translations of period Mongolian recipes, and is excellent.

Don't forget that not only do we have the 2 sources already mentioned but Paul
Buell also wrote an article called something like Turkicisation of Mongol Food
and Foodways.  It's got a couple of dessert recipes that are conspicuously
absent from the manuscripts contained within a Soup for the Qan and the PPC
article.

Cheers,

Drakey.