[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 14:39:13 PDT 2004

Not for chicken _and_ dumplings.  Sabina
Welserin has recipes for dumplings and chicken
dumplings.

193 How to make chicken dumplings

Take the meat from two chickens. After it is
cooked chop it finely, mix grated Parmesan cheese
in with it and color it yellow and stir it
together. You should also put mace and pepper
into it. After that prepare a dough. Make a thin
flat cake and put the above described filling on
it and form it into a dumpling and join the two
ends together. Cook it in broth as long as for
hard- boiled eggs and serve it warm.

119 If you would make boiled dumplings

Then take chard, as much as you like, some sage,
marjoram and rosemary, chop it together, also put
grated cheese into it and beat eggs therein until
you think that it is right. Take also cinnamon,
cloves, pepper and raisins and put them into the
dumpling batter. Let the dumplings cook, as one
cooks a hard-boiled egg, then they are ready.

Huette

--- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/recipes/egredouce.html

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/recipes/hen_in_broth.html

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/recipes/rosemarychicken.html

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/conviviencia/mukhallal.html

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/recipes/lentil.html

http://www.gallowglass.org/jadwiga/SCA/cooking/conviviencia/chickpeas.html

> --
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika
> jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
> "If past history was all there was to the game,
> the richest people would
> be librarians." -- Warren Buffet, Washington
> Post, April 17, 1988

=====
shall never cease to be amused.