[Sca-cooks] blancas and maravedis

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 23 09:21:40 PDT 2004

Yikes.  I might have tried to use an actual fingertip sized thimble
rather than a whole thumb-sized jigger and gotten it all completely
wrong.  Well, "thimble" is much more ladylike than "shot glass" isn't
it?  <grin>

For the "Xinxanella a la Veneciana" recipe at hand, I might use a 1
pound loaf of bread, which I think fulfills the description as "small",
and a real thimble full of saffron and three thimbles of "fine spice."
 Hmmm hoom, which fine spices?  What sounds Venician?  I might go for
fresh oregano and basil, your spiceage may vary.

Selene