[Sca-cooks] Period or no?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Sep 24 08:54:29 PDT 2004

Also sprach Avraham haRofeh:
>  > ...who loves beets in all forms, with the complete and unequivocal
>>  exception of Harvard Beets, which clearly illustrate the Puritan Work
>>  Ethic: Work hard, become sufficiently wealthy so that there is _always_
>>  an alternative to Harvard Beets, which is a sign of God's Favor, for
>>  which you are rewarded by never having to eat Harvard Beets again. But
>>  keep them around anyway, just in case you fall out of favor...
>
>I dunno, Master A, I kinda like Harvard Beets now and then. To each his own,
>neh?

Hai <nods vigorously>. Part of the trouble for me is that Harvard
Beets are a commercial product available in jars that look almost
exactly like the pickled beets sold by the same company, and about
half the time, when my lady wife goes out shopping and tries to do
something nice for me, she comes home and cheerfully announces she
got me a couple of jars of pickled beets. Which, upon inspection,
turn out to be Harvard Beets. Which I then try my best to eat without
expressing my distaste...

A.
Holt, 07/29/04