[Sca-cooks] Recipe: Shrimp & Grits. OOP

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 24 15:32:47 PDT 2004

But... but...

OK, I'm a New Yorker. No Southern background at all.

But I thought grits are grits, not cornmeal... as in, hominy grits, corn
treated with lye to get rid of the hull (and perhaps softened?) so they
could be ground more easily (originally - I'm sure it's done now for
flavor.)

I use stone ground cornmeal for corn bread. I thought it was different.

I will say, it does sound good. But how far wrong can you go with shrimp
and sausage? (Paella... mmm...)

AEllin