[Sca-cooks] turnips

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Sep 27 16:24:49 PDT 2004

>so, what cheeses do you use in your armored turnips? and *where* do you get
>your turnips??? i am lucky if i can buy some really nasty tough old
>things...... so where do you get your turnips for feast?

The very first time I had armored turnips, someone cooked them at
Pennsic over a campfire.  They convinced my eight year old that
turnips were her favorite vegetable.  I WATCHED him make them, and
even cut up the cheese, and have never gotten mine to taste as good.
Mine are fine... but not Oh My Gawd, these ARE WONDERFUL.  Maybe it
was just cooking over a fire, and eating them outside.

The cheese he used was a combination of munster and cheddar.   What
spices do you use?

Ranvaig