[Sca-cooks] OT exploding brussel sprouts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 20:41:30 PDT 2004

Marina asked:
> Can anyone tell me why brussels sprouts blow up in the microwave?
Mis-handling of table siege machine ammo? You really think these are
food? :-)

Stefan
Who remembers rather rubbery brussels sprouts back in the university
cafeteria. They never went over very well, and they would show up on
successive days, getting worse looking, more dilapidated, each day.
blech.

I would assume these are retaining moisture which is explosively
turning to steam. Have you tried poking a few tiny holes in them before
microwaving them?
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com