poor widow was:[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

el2iot2 at mail.com el2iot2 at mail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:09:38 PDT 2005

where there is anything there is always room for growth.  A poor but honest man for one of the daughters<sometimes love and economics are not linked<g>>, he would have to work hard, but 3 pigs can be 20 in a short time<unless all are male>, if all female trade half a litter for a proven breeding and you're still ahead.  might take a few years, might be meager picking for a while.  trade 2 male piglets for another female of breeding age, another poor farmer would be willing to improve his stock as well<1 to eat 1 to breed>.

Pigs do have more than goats, which usually only have twins<experience talking>, if they do not they are not worth keeping or breeding.  But goats can have 2 litters in a yaer if you don't mind stressing the female. If she has even a small farmstead there is always hope.

can always take in a begger boy for room and board, would not be easy, but a 10-12 year old orphan is worth more thhan his keep, and anyone over 6 is able to help a great deal.  If you dream the world has more than one way to win<g>.

Joy