[Sca-cooks] SCOUT: PBS: The meaning of food

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Apr 22 13:26:14 PDT 2005

An interesting website review from the Internet Scout Report:

10. PBS: The Meaning of Food
http://www.pbs.org/opb/meaningoffood/

This PBS documentary companion website on the Meaning of Food describes
itself as "an exploration of culture through food. What we consume, how
we acquire it, who prepares it, who's at the table, and who eats first
is a form of communication that is rich with meaning." The site shares
stories, recipes, beautiful images, and more under the headings: Food &
Life, Food & Family, and Food & Culture. The website addresses such
subjects as kosher food, the Slow Food Movement, pet food, and heirloom
seeds, to name a few. In addition, the site provides a bibliography; a
simple, downloadable lesson plan for educators; broadcast times for the
Meaning of Food documentary series; a small collection of cartoonish
desktop backgrounds; and several related links. This site was also
reviewed in the April 15, 2005 _NSDL Life Sciences Report_. [NL]

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't care what you say / I don't play the same games you play.
...And as for me I can sit here and bide my time
I got nothing to lose if I speak my mind.
I don't care anymore I don't care no more." Phil Collins