[Sca-cooks] Other groups like the SCA

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Apr 27 00:46:11 PDT 2005

  Andrea (Grietje in nlhg) commented:
> My other time waster hobby.... http://www.nnlhg.org/
>
> Later period in the Americas.

Interesting. Some fairly good, well thought-out descriptions of the
group on that site as well. It did take me a bit of time to find those
descriptions and find out just what era and location the group was
doing. I assume this is pretty much a smaller group, local to the New
York City area?

I do have some information on other groups in the UNCATALOGUED section
of the Florilegium:
LivHist-bib       (14K)  9/29/94    Bibliography on Living History.
LivHist-msg       (44K)  8/24/04    Living History groups
other-groups-msg  (60K)  7/ 6/00    Other groups similar to the SCA.

As you can see, most of these files are pretty old. Much of the
information was drawn from the Rialto, and that source has pretty much
dried up in the last decade. I'd love to get more information to update
these files. Unfortunately, I also don't have the time to go digging
around on the net to get the info, or even create the info when I do
have a website such as the one Andrea has provided.

So Andrea if you, or someone else in your group, would be willing to
create a message describing your group, and giving contact info such as
a website and permission to use the message, I'd love to add it to the
appropriate Florilegium file.

This applies also to anyone else that is in a group similar to the SCA.

Stefan
(Please feel free to forward this message to any appropriate mail list
or person(s) )
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com