[Sca-cooks] Coronation Laurels

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 05:16:08 PDT 2005

marilyn traber 011221 wrote:

>Well, one and all, it is my great pleasure to announce that not only is
>Jadwiga safely Laurelled and Official, here at EK Coronation today, but in a
>surprise move (at least to the Lady) Brighid ni Chiarain recieved her
>well-deserved Laurel today ;-)
>
>I'm only going to give a brief summation now- when I get home tomorrow I will
>share more of a very exciting day with you in greater detail.
>
>This morning, at Last Court, unbeknownst to Brighid, the first bit of business
>was to be her Writ for the Laurel, in order that we had as much time as
>possible for the Peers to attend her Vigil through the afternoon, before
>Closing Court, when she was elevated into the Order of the Laurel. She made
>time, too, to escape her Vigil, in order to see Jadwiga's Elevation.
>
>Lady Judith the Uncertain, a poet of uncommon skill, wrote the following for
>Brighid.
>
>*AHEM*
>
>Attend to me and never fidget
>As I speak of Mistress Brighid.
>This Lady is a Cook and Bard
>And though translation can be hard,
>For recipes she took great pain
>And manuals from the land of Spain.
>Her skill in words is without end.
>Observe the scrolls of Peer and Friend.
>Her wise and generous hand at feast
>Is well-reknowned throughout the East.
>And as I listen, from low and high,
>>From Easterners all arise a cry
>As Laurel leaves they now bestow-
>"We thought she'd got them long ago!"
>
>I'll close now, with my heartfelt congratulations to two dear friends and
>excellent Cooks.
>
>Vivant,
>   Vivant,
>      Vivant,
>
>HOOBAH!!!!!!!
>
>Saint Phlip

My heartiest  congratulations to both of you, Mistress Jadwiga and
Mistress Brighid!  Both of you have been, in my mind, Laurels since I
first started corresponding on this list.  Your knowledge and
accomplishments have contributed greatly to the body of knowledge, which
is the very definition of a Laurel.  Welcome to the Order....dear sisters!

Kiri