[Sca-cooks] Grade school Spanish

agora at algonet.se agora at algonet.se
Wed Apr 6 01:38:46 PDT 2005

Sorry, my mistake, it was the Jewish Maimonides discussing with the Arabic
Averroes!
I went carried away by the subject and wrote the wrong name!
Ana

On 6 Apr 2005 at 10:28, agora at algonet.se wrote:

Medieval Spain was a wonderful place to live, where Muslims, Christen
and Jews debated and created a real multicultural melting pot! It was
muslims architects working over the whole Peninsule, Jewish
philosophers as Averroes discussing with Arabic theologists. At that
time Cordoba and Sevilla were the biggest cities in Europe and they
had a rich bath culture, very similar to which the Romans had in the
Empire. It was a time of exchange, but it was also a time of clashes
and encounters between Christen and Muslims. It was the time of El
Cid, Spains most renowed Christen hero and of the sultans in Baghdad
being jealous of their Spanish bethren. Ana