[Sca-cooks] Grade school Spanish

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Wed Apr 6 05:23:57 PDT 2005

Stefan li Rous wrote:

>   Geertruyt Robertsdochter asked:
> > Does anyone have any good suggestions for things I can
> > talk about for three 40 minute periods, so the kids get
> > an idea about what Medieval spain was like?  I've got so
> > many ideas about so many things that I'm having problems
> > focusing on three main "big idea" subjects.
> > Remember, I'm teaching 6th, 7th and 8th grade, so these
> > need to be basic.
>
> Perhaps 1) Religion 2) Food and 3) Clothing
>
> 1) I think someone else's idea of highlighting the three
> major religions of Spain, Moslem, Christian and Jewish.
> All had major effects there and the interactions are
> examples of both conflict and working together.

> You might also throw the Rom (Gypsies) into this, since
> they had a major influence on Spanish dance and probably
> other cultural areas.

How early are you envisioning the Romany in Spain?

[snip]

> Stefan

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl

So much wisdom and knowledge -- so little time and bandwidth.
--Vincenzo

"Thou plenty hast, yet me dost scant"
--John Dowland (1562-1626); "The First Booke of Songs"; 1597.

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
--inspired by P. K. Dick

Visit my online gallery: Renderosity, a 3D Artist's Community
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD