[Sca-cooks] Book Questions...

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 09:15:47 PDT 2005

I would prefer the dry method if it was my book. Or just airing out if you have a place to do it that would be out of the way (and far enough from your nose.)

Cordelia

Pat <mordonna22 at yahoo.com> wrote:
If you have a well ventilated room, or if weather in your area permits you to air them out on the porch you might try this:
Make a very dilute mixture of lemon juice or vinegar and water. Spritz each page with the mix, then spread to dry in a well ventilated area. Alternately, you might place each book in a gallon size baggie with about a tablespoon of baking soda, and shake well to coat each page, then spread in a well ventilated area.

Mordonna

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

QUESTION TWO

Additionally, I had no idea that the previous owner, an SCA
acquaintance, smoked until i got The Chronology and both volumes of
_Take a Thousand Eggs or More_ which i also bought from her, home (i
picked them up at an event and didn't crack them open there). They
smell like much-used ashtrays. Anyone know of a way to get rid of the
nasty tobacco smoke odor? It's giving me a stuffed nose and itchy
eyes.

Thanks
--
Urtatim, formerly Anahita