[Sca-cooks] strange recipe

Jennifer / Guenievre generys at blazemail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:15:22 PDT 2005

Well, if it was actually *lard*, like the kind you use for making pastry
crusts, the "scraping" makes more sense, to me anyway (pull the top of a
knife over the top to get scrapings - you'd get smaller pieces more quickly
than cutting it up, and the smaller pieces would make the "washing the salt
off" part more efficient, I suppose).  And if you are making something
custardy, maybe the water would interfere with it setting, if you left too
much in it from the washing.  I can't imagine how the final product would
turn out - I mean, I'm sure it can't be as bad as it *sounds*...

Guènievre