[Sca-cooks] Pork Fruitcake - Is This a Joke?

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Apr 12 04:42:34 PDT 2005

> If this was crumbled ground pork spread across the bottom of the pan,
> wouldn't this pouring of boiling coffee over the pork go a long way
> towards cooking it? Even before the rest of the ingredients are added
> and the pan put in the oven to cook further? I am assuming that the
> pork is at a reasonable temperature and not frozen.

True, it possibly would.  I was responding to the incredulity of the
early posters on the recipe in the first place.  Someone asked if 2
hours at 275 degrees would be enough.  I meant to imply that it might or
might not comply to modern preferences for temperature, that it was hard
to gauge that at a glance (it wasn't as obvious as, say, 3 hours at 350
degrees...) and that the only way to tell would be to experiment with
it.  The rest was just musing on my part, and ultimately implied that -
I don't know :)

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

'Normal' is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it. -Ellen Goodman

[T]o admit authorities, however heavily furred and gowned, into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, what value to place upon what we read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom which is the breath of those sanctuaries. -Virginia Woolf