[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 14:23:15 PDT 2005

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Please send me the entire thing- I want to credit the author, and take a
> look at her footnotes- need that information for the level of scholarship
> going into the "rotten meat" rebuttal.
>
> Saint Phlip,
> CoD

It will be interesting to see if there is anything to 'rebutt'  ;)  Hopefully the author will have
picked up at least one extant culinary manuscript, in which there is bound to be ambple evidence
for food tampering and the covering over of off flavors.  However, hopefully that same manuscript
also illuminates the fact that it wasn't an everyday occurance, and that medieval folk actually
ate some pretty decent foods, as well :)

William de Grandfort

Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.