[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Apr 12 19:10:01 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Flitches of bacon were apparently being given out as prizes for
> various competitions and achievements in English county fairs in the
> 20th century... I wouldn't be at all surprised to find this was a
> very old custom.
>
> Adamantius

Still happens in the US nowadays at turkey shoots. Often there are other
prizes, including bottles of whiskey, cash, frozen turkeys, cases of beer,
etc, but at most I've been to, particularly in the South, there's usually at
least one flitch or bacon, and a smoked ham.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.