[Sca-cooks] Rotten meat and spices...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Apr 12 19:17:50 PDT 2005

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Of course it might be easy to look at her modest livestock, and not see it
> as 'poor', but she really is. She has herself and two daughters to care
> for. Being a poor widow, she very likely has little to set aside for
> marriage portion for her daughters, so their chances at marriage are slim.
> Those animals are all she has between her and starvation. My guess is that
> she would occasionally barter a piglet for grain or flour- but the dark
> stuff, no fine white bread on her table. As it is, it's still a pretty
mean
> table.
>
> 'Lainie

Pigs are pretty prolific- there's a reason the Irish call them "the
gentleman who pays the rent ;-) With that many pigs, while the lady was
certainly not wealthy, she was certainly quite capable of sustaining herself
and her two daughters. Pigs are neither expensive to feed, nor picky eaters.
They're omnivorous, and can get fat on almost anything.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.